Yesterday marked the end of our 19th month on the web. That’s well over 500 posts in just over a year and a half. Thank you to all our regular, intermittent, and accidental readers. We hope you keep coming back for more. Above are the authors we’ve mentioned in the past 30 days, and below are the five most popular posts from that period:
- Practice Shelf Actualization this Summer— sincerely, Science
- The Tour (de France, in literature)
- What They Were Reading: Wallace Stegner
- Review:The Sea Is My Brother, by Jack Kerouac
- Don’t let me make you sad
And, as always, some of the many-splendored search terms that led people here:
- Delicate nostrils >> Madame Bovary had them
- Doesn’t W.B. Yeats look like Steve Martin? >> Yes. Yes he does.
- B-25 Mitchell crew armor >> In the nose with Captain Yodarian
- First line establishes character >> Well, yes. It certainly can.
- Voice of Rudyard Kipling >> Retiring bank clerk? sniveling apothecary?
- Art Garfunkel in sunglasses >> With sunglasses you might not see thedifference
- Lord Jim Analysis >> leads you here, or here, or maybe here
- Chris McCandless route Krakauer >> our first maps post
- Great white whale >> Mine was the great white whale himself
- Jane Eyre vs. Wuthering Heights >> The epic beatdown