Oscar week is upon us, and I’ll try to review some classic literary adaptations as the days go by. In the meantime, here’s a look at some of our other “film-inspired” posts:
- You’ve heard of movies based on books, but what about movies based on poems?
- Or how about some screenplays that came before the book?
- There’s the time William Faulkner rewrote a work of Ernest Hemingway.
- Here’s our look at Woody Allen’s “Midnight in Paris.”
- And our review of HBO’s “Hemingway and Gellhorn.”
- There’s this clip of Proustian Memory from Pixar.
- A hollow literary adaptation is reviewed here.
- A Raymond Carver Short Story takes a turn on the big screen.
- And of course, the bookish winner of Best Animated Short from last year.